[OSM-talk] how to map Marketplace?

Erik Johansson emj at kth.se
Wed Sep 10 08:45:02 BST 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 8:27 AM, Valent Turkovic
<valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Erik Johansson <erjohan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> amenity=marketplace works great with building=yes and
>> highway=pedestrian, maybe highway=temporary_road +car=no+bike=no to
>> tag the walks between the stalls. Don't make your data too terse,
>> desribe what is there. If you believe markets are important then spend
>> time mapping them.
>>

> It is not problem spending time mapping them because I believe that
> mapping markets is important, the problem is how.
> The wiki page has almost no data how to do it, and I see that you have
> much more knowledge that I read from wiki page.
> Can you please share your knowledge by updating wiki page about market
> places? -
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/Marketplace

Since you have an interest in this you are probably best suited to
document marketplaces, you might even be the renowned openstreetmap
expert in the area at the moment. I can only you advice you to be
bold,  try things out,  map a few market places and document it.

I only have temporary market stands on the local squares in the areas
of my interest. These are usually very temporary constructions.

/emj