[OSM-talk] YOURS now supports route using only cycleroutes - Update

Lambertus osm at na1400.info
Thu Sep 11 11:53:25 BST 2008

Gosmore apparently has a rule that says you can't cycle over trunk ways
unless you say (map) so. See:

Cycle:
<http://tile.openstreetmap.nl/%7Elambertus/routing-world/?flat=51.442294&flon=-0.084612&tlat=51.440515&tlon=-0.088474&v=bicycle&fast=1&layer=mapnik>
Car:
<http://tile.openstreetmap.nl/%7Elambertus/routing-world/?flat=51.442294&flon=-0.084612&tlat=51.440515&tlon=-0.088474&v=motorcar&fast=1&layer=mapnik>

This is the reason that you can't get the cycle route/network layer to
route from start to finish because it only has the cycle route ways and
not the ways that are used in the example above:
<http://tile.openstreetmap.nl/%7Elambertus/routing-world/?flat=51.442294&flon=-0.084612&tlat=51.440515&tlon=-0.088474&v=bicycle&fast=1&layer=cn>

There are a number of solutions to this problem:
1 Change the way Gosmore behaves and allow cyclists on trunk roads by
default
2 Add bicycle=yes to trunk roads where cycling is allowed
3 Manipulate the data that goes into the Gosmore cycle route db by
adding bicycle=yes to all roads (because they are a member of a cycle route)

But this touches, again, the discussion in the earlier routing thread in
this ML about whether or not default rules should be assumed and if they
apply per country or worldwide or that all rules should always be applied.

Short term solution would be either 1 or 3. I haven't decided yet on
which...