[OSM-talk] osm2pgsql.exe for win32 | Cinnection to (public) database failed ....

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Sep 12 16:29:49 BST 2008

contact <at> living-structures.de <contact <at> living-structures.de> writes:

> My PostgreSQL-Server is running on localhost port 5432
> and i've set up a database called 'postgis' but when i try to
> osm2pgsql -d:postgis planet.osm
> i get this error:
>                         fe_sendauth: no password supplied
> but the database is set to 'public' - so, why i get this password error
> ?
> regards,
> andrewcontact <at> living-structures.de schrieb:

You need to change PosGIS settings in pg_hba.conf so that database does not
require password.  It means setting "method" to "trust".  This belongs to
restrictions of osm2pgsql for Windows: you cannot give db host, no port, no
username nor password but everything must be set up so that the defaults work.