[OSM-talk] Need help!

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 19:28:01 BST 2008

Even better would be a review system similar to Page Rank for web
pages : If user X downloads n objects edited by Y and does not revert
it nor mark it as bad, we assume user X has a good opinion of user Y's
work.

In terms of web pages, it's like user X adding n links on his page to
user Y's page.

So we create this directed graph with 1 node of each user and the
weights on the edges are the number of objects downloaded and not
edited or flagged. Then we let a particle is let loose at the root
node (SteveC) and let that particle make a random walk through the
graph based on the weights. The "score" (or Page Rank) of each user Z
is then the probability that the particle is at node Z at time
infinite. Then we monitor users with many edits and a low score.

For 60,000 users the maths does not require a super computer. Just a
good eingen value / vector library.

Regards,
Nic