[OSM-talk] Own maps with hill shading and routes using mapnik

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Sep 14 11:58:43 BST 2008

Hi,

Andy Allan wrote:
> It's a pity, but I don't know of any void-filled data that's under PD
> license or any open-source void filling code at the moment.

Have you looked into this deep enough to give us a quick rundown of
where the difficulties are?

To me, as a programmer, it sounds almost unbelievable that it should be
so difficult to fill the voids in the existing data. Is the logic so
complex, or is it just such an awful lot of data that it takes ages to
run through, or what is it?

Are you using non-void-filled data for the cyclemap then?

Bye
Frederik