[OSM-talk] NoName

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 17:45:45 BST 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Ed Loach <ed at loach.me.uk> wrote:
> Gerv wrote:
>
>> What is the official way (read: "way that the map will
>> recognise) of
>> marking a road to say that it actually doesn't have a name, and
>> so
>> shouldn't appear as "name missing" on the map?
>
> Could you add the name tag with a blank value (I've not tried this
> yet). I am guessing it is checking for the name tag and not checking
> values, though may be wrong.

Please don't try to find things that "work". At the moment there's no
convention on marking roads that are truely unnamed, and when there's
a convention established (or more than one, who knows) then the
nonames map will be updated to use it. The best I've heard so far is
an additional tag of noname=true, which requires so much mental
gymnastics that I'm sure we can come up with a better one!

Cheers,
Andy

(who made the original style rules for the CloudMade NoNames style)