[OSM-talk] Downloading Europe from http://emexes.powweb.com/osm/download.html

Simone Cortesi simone at cortesi.com
Mon Sep 15 17:40:12 BST 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 3:08 PM, Bob Hawkins <bobhawkins at waitrose.com> wrote:
> I have just tried downloading and saving the zipped folder using Firefox for
> 'all countries listed below' (Europe, essentially), and the download stops
> once again at 127MB out of 386Mb and a message results. "The compressed
> folder is invalid or corrupted.". I have previously tried it three times
> with IE.
> Has anyone had the same experience?

just downloaded it with WGET under Linux without problems. server had
some hiccups while he was not...serving any data, but recovered in few
seconds.

you probably experienced one of those and your dowloader was not able
to recover. it is usually a good idea to download big files using
appropriate programs.

-S