[OSM-talk] Need help!

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 16 02:22:42 BST 2008

Peter, your OSM Mapper tool is very good and helpful for me to see what's
going on in the 3 areas I care about.
The discussions in this thread are interesting, but I feel we have to avoid
a superiority problem as all the community owns the data. Over the summer it
has been annoying for me to watch a few people mapping while I'm away from
summer. I'm quite protective of the city now and wanted to check out these
new mappers had legit sources, which it turns out they do.

What I think would be interesting is to see the coverage of OSM Mapper areas
set up, or even see the coverage of areas being rss subscribed to. So to
produce a map of coloured rectangles to show where people are 'monitoring'.
It would be even more amazing if that could then connect to OSM users (ITO
would have to ask for user names though), and it could maybe become a way
for new users (or new browsers) to contact a local helper.

2008/9/14 <osm at wenix.dk>

> Hi,
>
> > - 743 were modified or deleted with someone else having edited them
> >      after Dmitry (734 AkMeR, 9 Johnny Carlsen). These were not
> > touched by the script.
>
> Feel free to revert my edits as well, I went there to see what had
> happened, not knowing I actually did any changes.
>
> I reverted from Dmitry to AkMeR to see what had been lost (using
> potlatch), but expected to acknowledge the revert before it took place.
>
> I think I may have done this on 3-4 ways, and tried to undo my changes
> afterwards.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience.
>
>  - Johnny

Gregory