[OSM-talk] Large Hadron Collider at CERN now in OppenStreetMap

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Tue Sep 16 06:30:27 BST 2008

Frederik Ramm wrote:
> paul youlten wrote:
>> I doubt if a black hole would ever be tagged anything but "one way".
>> However adding a "no_exit" tag might be a good idea.
>
> Not so fast with the no_exit there:
> http://www.krioma.net/articles/Bridge%20Theory/Einstein%20Rosen%20Bridge.htm

Yep Frederik. Just the sort of theoretical physics that the LHC is designed to
investigate and the sort of effect that the 'scar-mungers' were postulating
before the thing was switched on. The idea IS to find different dimensions and
fill in the gaps in current proofs - even if it needs a link to another dimension.

What does this have to do with OSM?
Wouldn't it be nice to be ahead of the game and have the first map of the
universe - complete with wormholes :)
But I think we may need something a little bigger to store the database on?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL