[OSM-talk] Mapping party: Detroit!

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Thu Sep 18 13:51:07 BST 2008

Can I suggest that considerable help can be given to the people on the
ground with these mapping parties if some 'virtual mapping party' stuff is
done in advance. This advance work is mainly to get the TIGER road data
aligned with the yahoo photography, getting road classes right (or at least
not completely wrong) to add big things like parks, schools and the like
leaving the stuff to be done on the day as stuff that needs eyes on the
ground.

It looks as though Detroit has already had a bunch of good work done on it
of this sort, but there is plenty more that can be done from a distance.

This work does come with a serious health warning. TIGER cleanup is highly
addictive! I am cured now and won't be taking part having done too much work
on TIGER in the past :(

Regards,

Peter