[OSM-talk] New tile design for OSM, and up-to-date renders for the SF Bay Area

Michal Migurski mike at stamen.com
Sat Sep 20 01:04:28 BST 2008

Hi everyone,

I'll be writing more about this over the weekend, but I thought
there'd be interest here in some work I've been doing on Mapnik
stylesheets for OSM data.

There are some test renders available here:
	http://teczno.com/cascadenik-openstreetmap-II/

...and a slippy map if you select the "OpenStreetMap" layer:
	http://teczno.com/old-oakland/

I'm keeping the renders up-to-date to the nearest day or so, and
hosting them on S3. I'm covering just the nine-county Bay Area:
	http://s3.amazonaws.com/osm-bayarea/7-r49-c20.png

The stylesheets are based on the Cascadenik work obtainable from
mapnik-utils:
	http://code.google.com/p/mapnik-utils/

-mike.

michal migurski- mike at stamen.com