[OSM-talk] Navit format downloads

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Mon Sep 22 20:05:58 BST 2008

El Lunes, 22 de Septiembre de 2008, Steve Chilton escribió:
> Direct to llustrator (AI) format - with information layered.
> This would hugely advance the potential for takeup of the data by
> "traditional cartographers".

After coding an OSM WMS, I've been thinking into coding a OSM-to-WFS(-T)
interface of sorts. The idea is just clouds in the sky for now, but would be
useful for a lot of "arcgis cartographers".

Thus, I'm proposing that GML should be a supported format, paving the way to a
live WFS service, and to an "export to shapefile" function. Most modern GIS
software is able to deal with GML, and people working with ArcGIS (or
whatever) should be able to easily export to AI (or whatever).

Cheers,
--

Now listening to: Paul Schwartz & Mario Grigorov - Aria (1997) - [6] Pamina
Blue (6:04) (0.000000%)