[OSM-talk] Fixing Albertan Places

Simon Wood simon at mungewell.org
Tue Sep 23 08:33:44 BST 2008

Hi all,
I've been looking at 'fixing' the place categories in Alberta to match the official definitions, see:
http://municipalaffairs.gov.ab.ca/am_municipal_codes.cfm

I have permission to use the source file(s) in this manner and have a script that kicks out a change file - which looks to be correct and works on local '.osm' files. So, what is the best way to upload this?

Also note that Alberta has the following 'official' place definitions:
--
city
disaster_district
first_nation
hamlet
improvement_district
indian_reserve
local_government_association
metis_settlement
municipal_district
other
regional_health_authority
service_commission
special_area_no._2
specialized_municipality
status
summer_village
town
village
--

'summer_village' and 'specialized_municipality' are present in this change file, which I presume the renders will not like. Attached is a short textfile which lists which places will change and to what. Comments?

Cheers,
Mungewell.