[OSM-talk] sponsor letter draft

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 25 15:50:18 BST 2008

This may help you
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Weekend_mapping_projects/Form_letters

I called Garmin to sponsor my sub-project of OSM (
http://www.livingwithdragons.com) and the U.K. marketing manager hadn't
heard of OpenStreetMap.
Later I found Garmin have some guidelines on their website for sponsoring a
fund raising project that makes use of GPS receivers (they will supply the
required GPSes if you meet the guidelines and contact them).

I don't know about the other manufacturers, they all seemed to big and
US-centred to care about me.

Gregory.

2008/9/23 Richard Weait <richard at weait.com>

> Hi All,
>
> Does anybody have a draft or boilerplate letter to introduce OSM to a
> company with the thought of getting moral, financial or other support
> for OSM?  I'd like to send something to US and Canadian GPS retailers to
> get a discount for mappers and donation to OSM Foundation.
>
> Anybody else working on this as well?  Any ideas for possibly
> sympathetic contacts?
>
> Best regards,
> Richard

Gregory