[OSM-talk] [party] Abingdon, UK Micro Mapping Party

Fri Sep 26 19:15:15 BST 2008

(Cc:ed here from talk-gb just in case anyone interested is on this list
and not the other. Any other lists I should spam?)

I've proposed a Micro Mapping Party for the Abingdon, Oxfordshire UK
area to take place on one of the dates below. If everyone who's
interested could visit the following web page and fill in the dates they
can attend on, I'll take care of the rest in a week or so:

  >>> http://www.meetomatic.com/respond.php?id=J1MIA7 <<<

Apparently quite a large part of Abingdon has WiFi access - specifically
the bits around Ock Street, along which there's pubbage. One being
http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/13/13353/Brewery_Tap/Abingdon .
Any opinions about venues? While you're deciding, fill in the meetomatic
page, would you? Thanks :)

PROPOSED DATES:

* One day on the weekend of Sat 18th October 2008
* Or one day the weekend of Sat 25th October 2008
* Or 1 day the weekend of Sat 1st November 2008
* Or the same again for the weekend of Saturday 8th November 2008

Saturdays are probably best for this kind of event, according to
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Micro_Mapping_Party

I'll add this to upcoming.org and the front page of the wiki once we
have a dark-pencil date for it.

--
Andrew Chadwick