[OSM-talk] Code of conduct for automated (mass-) edits

Hendrik T. Voelker hvoelker at nutrimatic.de
Mon Sep 29 13:29:56 BST 2008

Gert Gremmen wrote:
> I want to insist however, on the
> website form approach, to oblige
> fast-thinking fast-acting  "bot writers" to
> express at least what they intend to do somewhere.

Yes, sure. But not for every run of the bot.
And you can add a description to the <batch>

One could go as far as some kind of certification for bots. Only question is
who does that, and what requirements do the bots have to full fill to pass
certification?

Some kind of sand box for testing - like Johannes suggested - and some kind of
test suits would be a beginning.

On the other hand we don't want to discourage people by complicating the
process too much.

Cheers

Hendrik