[OSM-talk] YOURS now supports route using only cycleroutes -Update

Dave Stubbs osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Tue Sep 30 12:10:23 BST 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 11:35 AM, Ed Loach <ed at loach.me.uk> wrote:
> Thanks to Richard, for pointing out to me not that -1 means oneway
> but backwards...
>
> As an afterthought I looked at Tagwatch for the UK and the following
> Oneway tags are in use:
>
> yes (13762), true (11326), 1 (917), no (162)
>
> So unless there is a bug in Tagwatch, there are no -1 uses in the UK
> (though I'm wondering about those that are set to 1).

According to my postgres db the stats for the UK are:

yes (33156), true (17666), 1 (942), no (492), -1 (85), false (25),
undefined (22), other (9), FIXME (2)

with 1 hit each for "0", "south", "?", "west", "+1", "Yes", and BAN
POTLATCH!!1!3: "-1; 1", "true; yes"

oneway=no can be used where you might otherwise expect the way to be
oneway from other tags. ie: motorway or motorway_link
And sometimes it's there just to make a point in a confusing pile of
road junctions.
In the UK it's mostly used on residential/unclassified roads, although
there are also 5 motor_link ways tagged as such.

Dave