[OSM-talk] Code of conduct for automated (mass-) edits

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-gis-osm-talk at silbe.org
Tue Sep 30 16:34:12 BST 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 02:58:48PM +0000, Hendrik T. Voelker wrote:

> To get something done, one has to create a Java class that described
> the bot.
No, please, no!
I have been programming in many different languages (at least one per
family, i.e. iterative, functional, i+OOP, f+OOP) for about 20 years now
and am currently writing a Java program for money (so I do know what I'm
talking about, even if that sounds a bit arrogant). There's no way I
would program an OSM tool in Java. This is my spare time, I don't want
to spoil it with writing programs in such a horrible language.
If you want to program in Java, that's fine by me. But please don't
force everyone else to use the language of _your_ choice.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/