[OSM-talk] Addr:streetnumber:first;last:left;right

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 19:44:37 BST 2009

Hi,

2009/4/6 Sam Vekemans <acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com>:
> so for whats available in the dataset, along with the way listing the
> roadname;is_in and/or addr:city ... Is the listing of the first&last
> house number on the left side, as well as first/last on the right.
>
> For the geobase2osm script we excluded this feature, as we couldnt
> figure the best way to tag.
> Now I found that the data is also available in the canvec set.
> So one option is to have it as a way over top of the roadway.

We're importing a small number of streets from a project called UMP
pcPL that has similar housenumber data as you describe (for *some*
streets).  Here's how my script converts it to OSM:

We add a addr:interpolation on each side of the way with an arbitrary
offset and with some simple heuristics to make it look correct
(although obviously it needs a manual check like all imported data -
to see that it corresponds with reality).  I didn't add any address
relations but addr:street value can be used to add relations
automatically if needed.  Here's a sample:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=52.23954&lon=21.10434&zoom=17&layers=B000FTF

The converter script is at http://repo.or.cz/w/ump2osm.git and the
function add_addrinfo does the projection, adds the offset, and does
the inverse projection.

http://repo.or.cz/w/ump2osm.git?a=blob;f=txt2osm.py;h=1702ef9a3c2d6a458eeab1bb7f190c4598a8a272;hb=HEAD#l861

Cheers