[OSM-talk] OSM Directions tool for Visually Impaired for GSoC'09

Rajan Vaish vaish.rajan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 21:07:49 BST 2009

Hi Maning,Thanks for email...I just googled "osm-ph" and its all about
database stats thing,while the way you mentioned seems as if osm-ph is
nickname of someone ,as in he/she is interested in my proposal . Please
correct me if I am wrong.
I looked into the link you provided for loadstone,it will be of great help
for sure.But,as I see,its only for Symbian mobile phones,hence lots of scope
of further improvement exists like making the same for Android
platform.Perhaps,what I have proposed is something like WebAnyWhere project
from Washington University
(http://webanywhere.cs.washington.edu/)<http://webanywhere.cs.washington.edu/>
,which is absolutely platform independent,and can be used on
Linux,Windows,any mobile platform,reason being, its run from Web Server
.Visually impaired people do need something platform independent,such that
they can use any public computer,any mobile and get started.
Looking forward for any comments or feedbacks,in the process also expecting
to get someone to mentor me .
Thank you,
Rajan
http://linkedin.com/in/rajanvaish