[OSM-talk] xybot

Florian Lohoff flo at rfc822.org
Fri Apr 10 11:41:52 BST 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 11:31:46AM +0100, Lester Caine wrote:
> It is correct to discuss.
> There SHOULD be a landuse tag for every area as far as I am concerned,
> and since landuse=forest is for managed wooded areas, it is incorrect to
> use that for unmanaged areas. So perhaps we just need to CORRECT the
> land use page to include unmanaged woodland in some way?
> Having a mixture of 'natural' AND 'landuse' seems to be the basic
> problem .... so none of the proposed fixes is correct! These areas ARE
> landuse=wood

Currently landuse does not list a wood but only a forest and says
explicitly:

"For areas of land used by people. For natural areas, see Key:natural. "

So it should be natural=wood not landuse=wood.

As you say - its an unmanaged forest so its not people usage so landuse
is the wrong tag.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo at rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134
	Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little