[OSM-talk] suggested website to upload a temporary cycling route event over OSM streetdata

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Sat Apr 11 10:20:51 BST 2009

On 11 Apr 2009, at 06:49, Maning Sambale wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to create an interactive webmap for an upcoming cycling event
> in
> the Philippines.  I can prepare a gpx file for the route.  Now I
> want it
> over OSM data.  Are there any site that provides this service (other
> than rolling my own slippy map)?

When you say rolling your own slippy map, do you mean creating the
tiles yourself, or not touching javascript?

> The route is temporary (only for this cycling event) therefore I am
> hesitant to add it in the main OSM database.

You could convert the GPX to KML and use Web Maps Lite.
http://developers.cloudmade.com/projects/web-maps-lite/examples/kml-and-geo-rss

OpenLayers has an equivalent API call.
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/kml-layer.html

TrackMyJourney is an option, though that is aimed at you having
travelled that route, and doesn't need any javascript.

Shaun