[OSM-talk] Wishes for GPS track upload

Ed Avis eda at waniasset.com
Mon Apr 13 19:17:39 BST 2009

Simon Ward <simon <at> bleah.co.uk> writes:

>>Additionally, when you upload a track you should be able to specify how it was
>>made, with checkboxes for 'foot', 'bike', 'car', 'boat', 'plane'.  (If it has a
>>mixture, tick several boxes.)
>
>You can use tags for that: I’ve tagged most of my recent uploads with
>“bicycle” (as well as locations and the device(s) I used).

That's a good idea.  But I meant that the interface should show this to prompt
everyone to add it as a matter of course, and also to make a convention on what
the presence or absence of the tags means.  (Does 'bicycle' mean the track was
recorded only with bicycle, or that it contains some bicycle sections?)

--
Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com>