[OSM-talk] Tag for "dry river"

S Knox roxyknox at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 18 13:25:24 BST 2009

Hi,

I've just been doing some mapping in South East Spain (very near Europe's only desert in fact in Tabernas, Almeria), where there are a lot of riverbeds that only become rivers very occasionally after heavy rain. An alternate term would be "wadi" I suppose. A very brief glance around the area shows some normal rivers, but do we  have a tag for dry or seasonal rivers, which could be rendered using the standard blue dashed line on the map? If not then I'll propose one. Quite useful as clearly for the majority of the time these rivers are walkable and even drivable, although I imagine not all have clear paths  or tracks.

Regards
Steve