[OSM-talk] Setting comment on existing changeset

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Mon Apr 27 00:35:38 BST 2009

Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ed Avis wrote:
>
>> IMHO it would make sense for the comment on a changeset (and only that) to be
>> settable even after the changeset is closed.
>>

> Someone who would want to see all changesets that have a certain word in
> the description would then have to scan all changesets all the time
> because someone might change his description, rather than simply
> checking all those that were closed during the last 24 hours...

Something to keep in mind is that I plan to include changesets in
changesets one of these days.  Um, let's reword that :-)  I plan to
include changeset information in the osmosis deltas including their
tags.  If comments can be updated on old changesets then there will be a
limitation that these updates will not be replicated.  It shouldn't
necessary change the outcome of this discussion, but it does have
implications that need to be considered.

Brett