[OSM-talk] 500 Internal Server Error during upload

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Tue Apr 28 14:36:53 BST 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 01:41:26PM +0100, Tom Hughes wrote:
> Well I wouldn't recommend scripting a loop,

I wouldn't to that anyway. I know the servers do not need extra
unnecessary load. I will just manually retry from time to time.

> but at the moment I'm only
> really interested in 500 errors that are persistent - ie a changeset
> that always produces a 500 when uploaded. That will generally indicate a
> coding error on the server.
>
> Intermittent 500s are generally the results of timeouts, memory leaks,
> stuck daemons, etc (which are all inter-related anyway) and as such are
> not very interesting in and of themselves.

Thanks. No I know it is not a problem on my side or unexpected problem
at the servers. I'll wait for the end of these hard times.

Good luck with the serious troubleshooting! :)

Greets,
        Jacek