[OSM-talk] coastline accuracy?

Dirk-Lüder Kreie osm-list at deelkar.net
Wed Apr 29 11:38:15 BST 2009

mle schrieb:

> I was staying very near the east coast, and noticed that tracks near the
> coast appeared too far inland (further west than expected) when the GPS
> tracks were plotted.  They also seemed too far inland when looking at
> the Yahoo background layer in Potlatch.
[...]
> So what's going on here?  Are the coastline traces somehow displaced,
> and if so, how can this be corrected ?

The Coastlines were mainly bulk imported from PGS, which sometimes is
quite inaccurate. Feel free to adjust the coastline according to Yahoo
Imagery (if the imagery matches your GPS positions, otherwise you'll
have to adjust that first.)

--

Dirk-Lüder "Deelkar" Kreie
Bremen - 53.0952°N 8.8652°E