[OSM-talk] German Shapefile, federal states?

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Thu Apr 30 20:04:01 BST 2009

Hello, Torsten. I think the 16 german federal states (lander) are available as a shapefile in lots of different places. Here is one example:

http://wetnet.net/~we7u/xastir/maps/shapefile/Germany/

That is a shapefile (compressed) with 16 polygons, and you also have the population and extension of each one. You have to open it with some GIS application. Where do you want to draw that map?

Regards,
Juan Lucas