[OSM-talk] Potlatch really slow

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Tue Aug 4 20:38:39 BST 2009

Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> I also experienced the same issue when mapping in Italy. When I
> was in Germany, it was a completely different potlatch-experience
> and I was sorry for blaming potlatch in the past ;-)

:)

Potlatch is indeed quite sensitive to connectivity problems, whether with
the OSM server or anything in between. Or to be more accurate, Flash Player
is reluctant to tell Potlatch if the connection has failed, so Potlatch is
happily sitting there not knowing anything is wrong.

The link that Mike posted works pretty quickly for me - only about three
seconds or so. So it does sound like it might be a network issue.

Best advice is that if it's taking too long, just refresh.

cheers
Richard

(wrt Peter Körner's post, I think I'm going to write Botlatch, a script
which will look for any mention of JOSM and reply "Have you tried Potlatch?
It's a Flash program which performs much better (IMHO) than JOSM etc. etc.")