[OSM-talk] Potlatch vs JOSM

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Tue Aug 4 22:08:05 BST 2009

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009, Peter Körner wrote:
> > (wrt Peter Körner's post, I think I'm going to write Botlatch, a script
> > which will look for any mention of JOSM and reply "Have you tried
> > Potlatch? It's a Flash program which performs much better (IMHO) than
> > JOSM etc. etc.")
>
> I'm sorry I wrote such a dumb answer. If someone is using Postlatch he's
> probably doing so with intent. My intention was to give Mike a solution
> he can work with. I see that the suggestion "try another tool" is not
> the correct answer to "tool xy does not what it should" and I promise to
> think about it, next time.

Talking with my friends in Kosovo
the laptops are underpowered and hang using JOSM
the laptops are underpowered and hang using the browser and hence Potlatch
the power supply is completely intermitttent
the internet is also intermittent but better than the power supply

so perhaps we could run a plug for Merkaartor next time, as not such a memory
hog?