[OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - 4wd_only

John Smith delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 5 07:03:55 BST 2009

While this isn't my proposal, I have an interest in getting 4wd_only tracks to render properly. I've slightly modified this page to conform to what people suggested on the talk-au list. This tag is already in use in the Australian area, judging by the talk pages possibly other countries too.

I would like to move things forward and have this render properly, roads that are 4wd only are everywhere in Australia and they need to clearly state it. Simply marking things as tracks isn't enough as cars are able to drive along some tracks, but for clearence reasons they won't be able to drive down a 4wd_only track.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/4WD_Only

Australian Tagging Guidelines, based on talk-au threads.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australian_Tagging_Guidelines#4WD_only_track