[OSM-talk] [RFC] highway=unclassified currently is too ambiguous, so here's my proposal to fix it.

John Smith delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 5 08:27:07 BST 2009

--- On Wed, 5/8/09, Gustav Foseid <gustavf at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm proposing not to replace highway=unclassified but
> to clarify it's meaning to be one thing, that is it has
> higher volumes of traffic than residential, but not enough
> to be considered tertiary.

Someone already tried that. It didn't even progress to voting.

> Then I propose to clarify it's meaning to be one thing,
> that is a road equal to a residential road, but outside
> residential areas.

By all means, but the current situation is this, Germans and others are using it in one respect and Australians in a completely different respect.

The whole point in my attempt at trying to do something was to stop all the pointless emails saying the same thing in 10 different ways.