[OSM-talk] definition of the main highway-tag

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Wed Aug 5 10:03:17 BST 2009

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> that's IMHO why I started this discussion: it surely isn't just physical.

well perhaps that was why the Australian Guidelines, written before I joined
OSM, tagged highways both with their physical condition and an administrative
condition, double using the highway ref tag to do.

where ref=NH1, is Highway 1, national highway adminstratively
and ref=NR1 is still Highway 1, but not a national highway.