[OSM-talk] Copyright of Logo?

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 09:00:11 BST 2009

Hi,

I think the logo is under a CC license, BUT you should be more concerned
about using an OSMF trademark and there is a whole separate set of laws for
that.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Trademark#OpenStreetMap_logo_.28UK.29

Fortunately OSMF is quite relaxed about the trademark issue: If your logo
can easily be distinguished from the orginal, you are creating a website
based on OSM data and you don't spread misinformation, it's highly unlikely
that they will try to stop you. (And you already asked for permission
(below) and they haven't responded (yet))

Regards,
Nic