[OSM-talk] Layer transitions

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 7 11:55:23 BST 2009

Keepright appears to think that bridges without a layer tag imply layer=1.
Whereas I'd assumed in my tagging that layer=0 unless stated. Is this to
match what renderers do? I would rather they didn't, because making the
waterways layer=-1 seems to work most of the time, and I'd prefer to avoid
adding layer=0 to the bridges as well.

I suspect Keepright also has a habit of inferring layer=1 on ways that
connect to a bridge, which is a bit naughty if it does, though I may be
wrong (obviously I am comparing the last keepright version of the data with
the current status in Potlatch, so there's ample scope for confusion).

Richard