[OSM-talk] radioactivity

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 18:08:29 BST 2009

2009/8/10 John Smith <delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com>:

> As for wind farms being able to provide base loads, the facts aren't with you.
>
> http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/05/25/renewable-energy-%E2%80%93-our-downfall/

don't know who is behind them, what are their interests, who is
funding them, ...

If you talk about statistics on CO2 someone might present you this:
http://www.climate-movie.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/the_global_temperature_chart-545x409-500x375.jpg
while more interesting could be this:
http://www.climate-movie.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/zfacts-co2-temp-500x358.gif

For DC-Grids have a look here (OK, it is not 100% sure that this will
ever come):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-voltage_direct_current

Furthermore, this a also a debate on how energy should be produced
(big industrial-scale plants with needs for transportation over 100s
of kilometres or decentralized local production).

Surely you won't find a comparable graph (raising the same) for nuclear power:
http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Datei:WorldWindPower.png&filetimestamp=20090204034547

here's the development of installed windpower in different countries:
http://earthpolicy.org/Indicators/Wind/2008_Capacity%20by%20Country.GIF
as you can clearly see what will happen in the future (on which energy
source we'll rely) depends heavily no politics and not just on science
and economy.

cheers,
Martin