[OSM-talk] Proliferation of path vs. footway

Alex Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Tue Aug 11 01:55:12 BST 2009

> highway=cycleway
> foot=official
>
> that latter was introduced (probably by the same people that already
> forced path)

Nope.  Cbm and I were the ones behind highway=path, as you can see from
the wiki.  Access=official has nothing to do with me.  I agree that it's
redundant -- it seems like it's just a combination of
travelmode=designated and access=no.

Not sure how you think path was "forced" though.  It had 34 votes, 22
for and 9 against (3 abstain).  Nobody forced anything, we just used the
standard procedure.

-Alex Mauer "hawke"