[OSM-talk] Proliferation of path vs. footway

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Aug 11 08:31:10 BST 2009

On 11/08/09 01:57, Alex Mauer wrote:
> On 08/10/2009 05:31 PM, Liz wrote:
>
>> I would consider that if we have thousands of mappers, that we should set a
>> quorum for a vote
>> so that unless at least x hundred people vote the vote is not valid
>
> From
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features#Proposal_Status_Process:
> "8 unanimous approval votes or 15 total votes with a majority approval"
>
> It seems to me that we have one.

That's a completely ridiculous quorum when we have 10000 active mappers.
If the process says that eight people can get together and tell
thousands of people that they've been "doing it wrong" for the last five
years and should start retagging everything according to some new scheme
then the process is broken.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)