[OSM-talk] can search engines index osm data?

Erik Johansson emj at kth.se
Tue Aug 11 11:30:30 BST 2009

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Aun Johnsen (via
Webmail)<skippern at gimnechiske.org> wrote:
> There are millions of references to London on
> the net, while not that many of Pitlochry. That meaning a search for London
> might not give any OSM returns unless OSM becomes a featured site, while a
> search for Pitlochry probably will return a OSM link.

To use Firefox autocomplete I usually do bookmarks like this:
http://osm.org/?lat=56.704&lon=-3.733&zoom=13#Pitlochry
http://osm.org/?lat=59.3211&lon=18.0508&zoom=12#Stockholm

This is imensely usefull for me personally making it very fast to find
my frequent places.. For that to work with search engines more people
would need to use the same url.. How do you manage that?