[OSM-talk] Proliferation of path vs. footway

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 22:37:37 BST 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 9:33 PM, David Earl<david at frankieandshadow.com> wrote:

> So my feeling is we should document what collection of users a
> particular highway tag applies to by default IN EACH COUNTRY (including
> things like "under 12" or "not on a Sunday" if that's the normal
> situation). Then tags and renderings mean what ordinary people (users
> and mappers) expect them to mean.

"Tags and renderings mean what ordinary people expect them to mean" -
the data must be able to be understood by a computer, not just by a
person. Are you saying this will be made possible only via reading the
"defaults in each country" via the wiki? Don't like this - that's not
what the wiki is for - the data should be self-describing.