[OSM-talk] [Fwd: Re: Proliferation of path vs. footway]

"Marc Schütz" schuetzm at gmx.net
Fri Aug 14 11:32:25 BST 2009

> > The core issue here (that I believe we agree on) is that if tags have
> > inconsistent implications, they must be made explicit.
>
> Absolutely true: explicit in the wiki ;-)

I don't think the wiki is a good place for that. Keep in mind that these defaults would be nice to have in a machine-readable format.

They could be stored in the DB, too. Maybe this would be an extension for API 0.7: a way to express the defaults (and implications) for various tags depending on the country.

Regards, Marc