[OSM-talk] OSM status POIs?

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 01:14:12 BST 2009

2009/8/14 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>:
> 2009/8/14 andrzej zaborowski <balrogg at gmail.com>:
>> Alternatively we could mark places already mapped, using stickers in
>> annoying colours that you'd carry in rolls.
>
> That's really a cool idea. On the sticker there could be some
> advertising for the project ("this street has been mapped in
> openstreetmaps.org, the free wiki world-map. Feel free to visit us
> online and add more details" or something similar).

I wasn't suggesting it seriously for marking objects such as streets,
though you could advertise OSM with sticker art[0] (I've seen sticker
art advertising GPL or Copyleft in the streets in Barcelona).

But I can imagine pubs or cafes agreeing to have a sticker on their
door saying something like "This pub is featured on OpenStreetMap"
similar to those that say "This cafe/hostel/.. is featured in Lonely
Planet guidebooks" - that would be mainly those that don't know what
OpenStreetMap is.  Those who do know and have some sense of humour
could accept a large minimalistic sticker saying just "amenity=pub".

Cheers

[0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sticker_art