[OSM-talk] OSM status POIs

Mike Harris mikh43 at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 15 09:03:52 BST 2009

+1

Mike Harris

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Norbäck [mailto:martin at norpan.org]
Sent: 14 August 2009 15:50
To: talk at openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] OSM status POIs

When I have seen unmapped roads, I've put a small stub and on the end node
of that stub I've put "todo=continues" as a tag.
What would be great was if this tag (or another one like it) could be
rendered on the map with ellipsis or whatever. That helps both the mapper,
who then knows where to start mapping, and a user, who then knows that there
is a road there that at least leads somewhere.

Another good tag would be "todo=estimated" for roads that are not properly
surveyed, but only estimated. I'm hesitant to put these kinds of roads in
because it could be confusing, but if they would be clearly marked as
estimated then they have a potential value. A road user does not necessarily
need to know exactly how a road curves, most of the time it's sufficient to
see where the road leads.

The tag names are just examples, I'm don't care what the actual tag name
would be.

/Martin