[OSM-talk] [english 95%] A process for rethinking map features

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Sat Aug 15 17:20:27 BST 2009

On Saturday 15 Aug 2009 13:09:41 Mike Harris wrote:
> Kai - this makes very good sense. But how do we set up a working group? And
> would it - and its findings/recommendations - be acceptable to the majority
> of the OSM community?

I also think Kai's proposal makes a lot of sense.

I suspect the best way to approach this would be for a group of people to just
give it a go - start a group in the next couple of weeks on a particular
topic, and try the process out.

Probably sensible to start with something more manageable than path/highway.
Maybe the forest/wood debate.

The one missing part to work out is how we respond to the proposal. The best
thing I can imagine is if we could set-up a poll that uses our OSM.org logins
and we notify as many users as possible through every channel available. We
could set the bar at something like >1000 votes and a 66% majority needed.

Regards,
Tom