[OSM-talk] Files format, detail maps as background for mappers.

Marc Coevoet sintsixtus at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 06:34:38 BST 2009

Hello,

Detail maps coulb be used as background/help when, mapping.

Here you have a set of files that would be a colored detail map 1/25000
(Belgium south).

http://users.fulladsl.be/~spb13810/research/ign/

Which format is the .cry  ??

Is it possible to convert it to .tif / geotif ??  Using details in the
other files??

I would like to use it as background in my GPS ... (ttmaps or qlandkarte)

And here you have a set of files with even more detail ( in clear )
http://users.fulladsl.be/~spb13810/research/ign/1op100/

I would like to convert them as background for ttmpas, with some of the
tools
http://jrepetto.free.fr/ttmaps/en/convert_maps.html

but I get a problem, probably because of the fact these are black/white
tifs...

Anybody??

thanks !

--
Shortwave transmissions in English, Francais, Deutsch, Suid-Afrikaans,
Urdu, Cantonese, Greek, Spanish, Portuguese, ...