[OSM-talk] server not rendering fully

Lennard ldp at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 18 11:46:19 BST 2009

Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:

> I am setting up an India specific server with mod_tile and mapnik. I finally got
> the beast to work, but at higher zoom levels it is not rendering completely.
> Apparently it is giving up instead of generating the tiles fully. Obviously
> there is some setting I have to make in apache config to force it to produce
> the full tiles regardless of how long it takes. I have disable cache and also
> lengthened the timeouts. Any one has a clue as what can be done to force it to
> render the tiles properly? The server is here:

- Update your osm2pgsql to the current version (SVN version 0.66-17102)
- Use the default.style from that newest osm2pgsql (SVN)
- If you didn't already, pick up the newest osm.xml from SVN
- Reimport your data into postgis
- Update your mapnik to be at least 0.6.0 (current: 0.6.1)
- Recompile mod_tile to synch it with the new mapnik
- Clear your cache, restart apache
- Try again

To all that interests this: don't rely on tools included by your linux
distribution to be up to date.

--
Lennard