[OSM-talk] Historic Mapping needs help Now!

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 18 12:43:23 BST 2009

here's my thoughts.

If object is no longer present we need some sort of "ghost" tagging, and the
ghost tag take precedent when rendering. This means that the data that was
present is still available, its useful data after all. Ideally there would
be a start_date and end_date tag also that defines the period when the
object was present.

Now for rendering we need an engine/style sheet that respects these tags.
Burning Man 08 doesn't require many tiles, so it's something Y! can probably
render and hard code? Quick and dirty maybe and wouldn't scale, but it would
be a start.

Cheers