[OSM-talk] Cyclelane on left/right

Jonas Häggqvist rasher at rasher.dk
Tue Aug 18 17:29:25 BST 2009

Morten Kjeldgaard wrote:
> I know Jonas has some examples on how nice it looks when you use the
> cycleway=track on an osmarendered map (mapnik doesn't use the tag). Perhaps
> you can post those as an illustration, Jonas?

For example here: http://osm.org/go/0H8UF1OW?layers=0B00FTF

I do somewhat understand the idea that you want to map everything
completely accurately, and hence want to map the cycleway as a separete
way, but the resulting is appalling at anything but z18 or above. Not to
mention the routing problems.

Ie. on this map: http://osm.org/go/0H8UQet@b-?layers=0B00FTF you can
easily go from the cycleway on the right to any of the evenly numbered
houses on the left, but routing would lead you to the nearest intersection
to do a 3-point-turn and wait for up to 3 red lights in the same intersection.

--
Jonas Häggqvist
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk