[OSM-talk] copyright problem with data copied from a map

Renaud MICHEL r.h.michel+osm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 17:58:13 BST 2009

Hello
Le mardi 18 août 2009 à 13:55, Morten Kjeldgaard a écrit :
> Educating mappers so they fully understand the free-and-open principles
> means that they in turn can teach others, and everyone saves time in the
> end.
>
> Throwing the book at this fellow is too harsh at this point. You can
> email him and politely ask if he wants to put the roads back on the GPS
> trace, or you will do it. Convince him to get a GPS and start collecting
> data. Tell him it's fun.

That's what I did.
I first sent him a message telling him that he was doing wrong edits. He
answered me once and told me he was actually copying a scanned map.
So I answered back explaining why he should not do that, that was eight days
ago and to this day I've had no more answers.
I've sent him another message two days ago telling him that his edits might
be removed due to copyright problem if he did not clarify the situation.

As adviced by Andy, I've sent a mail to the osmfoundation explaining the
situation.

--
Renaud Michel