[OSM-talk] Business Building Conventions

Andrew Ayre andy at britishideas.com
Thu Aug 20 01:29:46 BST 2009

If I draw an outline for a freestanding building which is some kind of
business, then I give the outline a name. Mapnik renders the name.

If I draw the outline of a strip mall (a connected string of shops) this
represents several businesses together. If I then put nodes on them and
give the nodes names Mapnik won't render the names unless they are
amenities. But not all businesses are amenities.

So when handling strip malls should the outline of each business "unit"
be drawn separately? Or should I just ignore the fact that the names of
many businesses won't appear on the map?

thanks, Andy

--
Andy
PGP Key ID: 0xDC1B5864